A Media Planner/Buyer on our team understands how broadcast and digital media fits into the overall client marketing and communications strategy, developing customized and strategic paid media solutions. Using excellent analytical skills, this person analyzes data and campaign results with an ability to observe patterns or anomalies to apply this information for campaign optimizations and future efforts. This person has existing, and develops new, relationships with media partners, managing vendor RFPs, evaluating media opportunities for a range of clients from local placements to large-scale national campaigns.
Candidates should be ready to embrace a fast-paced, high-volume environment with the ability to effectively deliver timely, creative and customized advertising solutions for our diverse client base. An independent and critical thinker with a collaborative team spirit, a Media Planner/Buyer maintains a pulse on advertising strategies and technology to maximize opportunities for clients. Candidates must have the ability to visualize the big picture and be passionate and articulate in crafting compelling paid advertising strategies.
The Media Planner/Buyer reports directly to the Director of Advertising. This is a full-time, in-office, salaried position with competitive benefits package.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage effective integrated media plans
- Conduct regular monitoring of campaign implementation and optimization of campaign tactics based on data analysis
- Manage data reconciliation and reporting using tracking reports
- Manage campaign budgets, media billing and invoice reconciliation
- Provide media campaign client reporting and strategic recommendations
- Maintain project timelines and coordination with creative team on advertising specs, design and production needs
- Conduct ongoing market and industry research to maintain knowledge of trends, medium/advertising channels, audience/consumer behavior and competitor research
- Minimum of 5 years media planning, negotiation and buying
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, advertising, marketing or related field
- Experience in managing budgets, negotiating prices and analyzing data with accuracy for local, regional and/or national campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to develop advertising strategies to support/enhance integrated media campaigns
- Ability to foster strong relationships with media partners
- Experience working directly with clients and participating in client presentations
- Proficient in digital media research/planning tools and web-based software programs